Adobe Reader X 10.1.2
User Rating: Fair (5.00/5)
Adobe Reader X 10.1.2 Description
Adobe Reader X 10.1.2Â is made to be a smart and proper software solution that enables you to view and print PDF documents fast and easy, no matter the content, be it photos, videos, emails, drawings or any kind of multimedia file.Â
A great thing about Adobe Reader X is its ability work with CAD designs and geospatial maps converted to Portable Document Format. Also, in case you need to locate any element within a PDF file, the application offers a comprehensive file searching engine that finds what you need in a matter of seconds.
- View and comment on any PDF document more securely:
- Open and view any PDF document in Adobe Reader X software using new Protected Mode. Take advantage of enhanced review and commenting tools to share your feedback with others.
- Interact with rich PDF files, including PDF Portfolios, CAD files, and multimedia content. Complete, save, and send Reader enabled forms.
- Interact with forms and rich media:
- Feel confident that you can open and view any PDF file, regardless of which operating system you are running. Integrate with screen readers and other assistive technologies. Use online services at Acrobat.com to create, share, and store all kinds of PDF files.
- Easily access PDF documents:
- Manage Reader deployments with common third-party software. Support for security and accessibility standards helps ensure compliance with government regulations and business policies.
- Manage software rollouts and standards:
- Comprehensive file searching:
- Find and retrieve any PDF document or phrase within a document in seconds. Search for words in page content, annotations, bookmarks, form fields, or document metadata within any PDF file on a local computer.
- Open and view contents of a PDF Portfolio, a collection of PDF documents, and other document types, including drawings, email messages, spreadsheets, and videos.
- Opening PDF Portfolios:
- Fill, save, sign, and electronically submit forms that have been Reader enabled by Adobe LiveCycle ES2 or Adobe Acrobat software.
- Electronic form submission:
- Enable a new level of end-user interaction thanks to the ability of Reader to natively display rich media content created with Adobe Flash technology.
- Flash technology support:
- Reader users can access and interact with CAD designs and geospatial maps that have been converted to PDF.
- CAD and geospatial functionality:
- View and interact with PDF files that contain a wide variety of content types, including drawings, email messages, spreadsheets, videos, and other multimedia elements.
- Access to all PDF files:
- Directly access online services at Acrobat.com from within Reader X. Perform common tasks such as creating PDF files, securely sharing and storing documents, and screen-sharing.
- Online services:
- Take advantage of support for the new ISO Standard 32000 for PDF. Also, Reader continues to support PDF/A, the ISO-approved standard for the long-term preservation of electronic documents; PDF/X (printing); PDF/H; PDF/E (engineering); XMP/RDF; and ODBC.
- International standards:
- Let Reader X read out loud, or change the reading order of columns. Reader meets the accessibility requirements mandated by Section 508 of the amended U.S. Rehabilitation Act.
- Manage Reader deployments using the Adobe Customization Wizard, IBM Tivoli, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft System Center Updates Publisher (SCUP), Windows Group Policy Objects, or Active Directory.
- Deployment tools:
- Security standards:
- Extend the functionality of Adobe Reader X using the Acrobat software development kit (SDK), available free of charge.
- Install French, German, and Spanish simultaneously, and then switch among them using the Adobe Multilingual User Interface (MUI). The user interface also changes to the appropriate language on-the-fly.
- Multilingual User Interface:
- Take advantage of the security of Protected Mode in Reader, which helps safeguard your computer software and data from malicious code.
- Industry-leading security:
- Make notes and share your feedback with others by marking up PDF documents using the Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools.
- Enhanced commenting tools:
- View information more precisely and efficiently. Choose reading mode to fit more content on the screen or two-up mode to view page spreads. Use keyboard shortcuts like print, zoom, and find within the browser.
- Simplified user interface: